The Elders Council for Social Entrepreneurs
The Elders Council for Social Entrepreneurs is building a global network of social entrepreneurs so that elder members can support one another and also share their wisdom across the social entrepreneurship ecosystem.
Membership is open to all social entrepreneurs over the age of 55. Any social entrepreneur under 55 can become an associate member. For the Elders Council to become a non-profit organisation, charity status has been applied for.
The Elders Council is working on two main themes which will be based on a range of expertise accumulated through the years:
- To support social entrepreneurs who are over 55: by working on systems of mutual support and solidarity.
- To support the wider community of social entrepreneurs: To focus the wisdom of the elders for the benefit of the wider community of social entrepreneurs, offering whatever support is needed. The support could include mentoring, advice on boards, transition and other critical challenges.
Some of the Key Activities for 2021:
Webinar Series: These are based on case studies and experiences of Social Entrepreneurs across the world. They are a space to share experiences, challenges and lessons learnt. Participants then have space to reflect together as a community.
The Council offers this choice of webinars for:
- Fellow Elder Social Entrepreneurs
- Fellow Social Entrepreneurs looking into topics of transition, leadership, and succession
- Ashoka Support Network Members interested in transition and succession issues for social entrepreneurs and/or who want to share their own learnings across sectors
Soul Sessions: These are smaller and more intimate spaces for elder social entrepreneurs to connect for mutual support.
Find more information about "Who we are" below, reach out to Michela from Ashoka and to Ashoka Fellow Chris from the Elders Council, or register in the form below if you want to work with us and dive deeper through this one-pager: