What is this experience all about?
In our 4th edition, we aim to activate Ashoka’s community to collectively explore how new funding practices can support social entrepreneurs in creating an Everyone a Changemaker world. Through these conversations, we will equip our community with critical knowledge and tools about funding systems change, and provide a space for everyone to understand how to navigate and make the most of the offerings provided by Ashoka & partners.
Built on the insights and learnings surfaced by Ashoka over the past years, and partnering with leading organizations in the field, this webinar series will engage participants in a generative conversation about what it takes to:
- Address challenges in a profoundly systemic way
- Adopt practices and mindsets that allow for systems change-enabling funding approaches
1- Changemaker Finance Talks: A space where you can share insights, learnings and engage changemakers & funders in eye-level conversations about what it takes to:
- both drive and fund deep, transformational change
- adopt collaborative, inclusive and systemic funding mindsets and practices to drive (SEs & CMs) AND fund (funders) change
Changemaker Finance Talks: November 2022 to March 2023 | 2 hour long live sessions
November 25th, 2.30-4.30pm CET | December 9th, 2.30- 4.30pm CET | December 13th, 2.30 -4.30pm CET
Who Can Apply?
- Ashoka Fellow
- Ashoka Fellow staff member
- Corporate or Institutional Partner of Ashoka
- Ashoka Support Network (ASN) member
- Part of an affiliated Ashoka Program or Partnership
- Ashoka Staff
- Intermediaries (policymakers, incubators/accelerators, consultants)
Why You Should Apply?
Participants leave knowing more about of all kinds of possibilities to raise funds and investment. They will learn from our best insights and learnings in creating blended financing strategies as well as investment offers that appeal to both commercial and social investors.
Ashoka Fellows and their staff member: This module is for you, if you want to;
- learn more about scaling your social venture and need new forms of financing to do so.
- learn more about blended finance strategies and analyze your status quo with leading experts of the field.
Ashoka Support Network (ASN) members: This module is for you if you want to;
- learn more about investment possibilities and raise your awareness about social finance and social entrepreneurship in general.
- connect, network and co-create with leading social entrepreneurs.
- to support Ashoka Fellows in raising finance and understand the right tools for it.
Ashoka Partners, other change leaders (from the corporate world or foundations): This module is for you, if you want to;
- establish connections and gain knowledge in the field of social finance
- connect, network & co-create with leading social entrepreneurs.
Ashoka Staff: This module is for you, if you want to;
- learn more about social finance to best support your Ashoka Fellows.
Meet the Module Lead
We are happy to introduce you to one of the best leaders in this area:
Alex de la Torre
Changemaker Finance Module Co-lead
Alex is responsible of the Changemaker Finance activities at Ashoka and the ASN Angel Network manager. Alex leverages his financial experience as economic consultant and as finance director at Ashoka Spain. He has delivered several social finance workshops and has been part of various Social Investment Accelerators.
Changemaker Finance Module & Europe Fellowship Program Co-lead
After launching a humanitarian non-profit serving Peruvian orphans at the age of 16, Thomas realized 15 years ago the power of social entrepreneurship by contributing to the creation of a social bakery empowering Dalit people in Chennai, India. This transformative experience made him realize the power of learning how to fish compared to just giving a fish. Until he stumbled upon Ashoka - the world's pioneer network of system-changing social entrepreneurs - and discovered how nearly 4,000+ changemakers around the world are positively transforming entire fields to bring about lasting social change.
Thomas joined Ashoka in 2010 and since then, investing his energy on making Ashoka's vision a reality: creating a world where everyone is inclined and equipped to become a changemaker.