What is this module all about?
We invite you to join the 3rd edition of our Changemaker Finance module!
To scale up their impact, social entrepreneurs require access to affordable finance. They must learn how to navigate hybrid financing approaches in order to unlock untapped sources of funding. This module about empowering social entrepreneurs to re-think and develop current and new funding strategies.
During our long experience working with more than 100 social entrepreneurs, we have observed both their challenges and their success stories when it comes to raising social finance. We want to share with you all our best insights and learnings in creating blended financing strategies as well as investment offers that appeal to both commercial and social investors.
We also want to create a co-learning space to empower social entrepreneurs, funders and other key actors around the topic of social finance.
We offer two Changemaker Finance online workshops in October 2021 & February 2022!
Please note that the content of these online workshops are identical. We organize two of them to accommodate the needs of the community.
1- Changemaker Finance 1st Online Workshop
Join our Changemaker Finance workshop to learn about social funding approaches and structuring investment deals for world-changing ideas.
Date: October 5th & 7th, 2021
Time: 9. 00 – 12. 00 CET (each day)
Application deadline for the Changemaker Finance 1st Online Workshop is September 27, 2021
2- Changemaker Finance 2nd Online Workshop
Date: February 15th & 17th, 2022
Time: 9. 00 – 12. 00 CET (each day)
Please stay in touch through Ashoka Europe Fellowship Program monthly Newsletter to register for the 2nd workshop.
- The workshops will offer an introduction to social finance and the key steps of raising finance, getting an overview of the Social Investment Toolkit.
- We will also offer 1:1 consultation calls with the Changemaker Finance team to the Ashoka Fellows joining the workshop
- The workshops are offered in partnership with the Ashoka Social Finance team, Ashoka ASN Team and FASE.
Why You Should Apply?
Participants leave with a deeper understanding of all kinds of possibilities to raise funds and investment. In addition, the online course aims to create a community of peers, investors, advisors and experts to provide support and opportunities to collaborate.
Ashoka Fellows, Ashoka Fellow team members, Ashoka Young Changemakers: This module is for you, if:
- you want to scale your social venture and need new forms of financing to do so.
- you want to explore new social funding strategies and analyse your status quo with leading experts of the field.
- you want to learn more about hybrid finance strategies.
Ashoka Support Network (ASN) members: This module is for you if;
- you want to learn more about investment possibilities and raise your awareness about social finance and social entrepreneurship in general.
- you want to connect, network and co-create with leading social entrepreneurs.
- you want to support Ashoka Fellows in raising finance and understand the right tools for it.
Ashoka Partners, other change leaders: This module is for you, if:
- you want to establish connections and gain knowledge in the field of social finance
- you want to connect, network & co-create with leading social entrepreneurs.
Ashoka Staff: This module is for you, if:
- you want to to feel equipped with knowledge and strategies about social finance to best support your Ashoka Fellows.
Ashoka Fellows, Ashoka Fellow team members, Ashoka Young Changemakers, Ashoka Support Network (ASN) member, Ashoka Staff | Join for free
Part of an affiliated Ashoka Program or Partnership
- Hello Europe Social Entrepreneur | Join for free
- Steelcase employee or partner, Nestlé CSV Prize Finalist, Catalyst2030 Member - You have access to a group ticket and can participate in any module free of charge until the maximum number of free tickets is reached.
- Ashoka Visionary Program Alumna/us - you can participate in any module with a 50% discount at 1,000€ per module (VAT not included).
Corporate or Institutional Partners of Ashoka | Other Partners | Change Leaders: The fee to participate in a module is:
- For corporate participants: 2,000€ per person (VAT not included)
- For non-profit participants: 1,000€ per person (VAT not included)
- We also offer “group tickets” to participate in any module with a discount. Please reach out to us for more information
Meet the Module Leads
We are happy to introduce you to 2 of the best (co-) leaders in this area:
Alex de la Torre
Changemaker Finance Module Lead
Alex is responsible of the Changemaker Finance activities at Ashoka and the ASN Angel Network manager. Alex leverages his financial experience as economic consultant and as finance director at Ashoka Spain. He has delivered several social finance workshops and has been part of various Social Investment Accelerators.
Senior Advisor for Europe and Asia
With Mark Cheng, we can introduce you one of the leading experts for social finance worldwide. In fact, he has helped to raise over $250mn for social causes. Being one of our global leaders at Ashoka, we are proud that Mark will share his experience and knowledge with you and our community.